How do I clean a canvas print?
Canvas prints are valuable decorative items. They can increase the charm if they are chosen according to the rooms in the house.
But a canvas requires maintenance. It must be maintained and cleaned regularly. It is important to choose the right place to display them. Only by being meticulous will they last longer.
Here are the best tips for maintaining a printed canvas.
You can keep your web intact for a very, very long time if you use the right techniques. You must be very careful with cleaning and stain removal. We've compiled a list of the best ways to keep your canvas print in top condition.
Good gestures to learn
You must use a number of reflexes to protect your printed canvas from premature degradation. These reflexes concern in particular its cleaning and its displacement. These are the most important:
- Dust your canvas with a duster, or a clean cloth.
- Use gloves to protect the canvas from fingerprints.
- To remove stains on canvas, rub with a cloth. If the stain does not come off, you can dampen the cloth and clean it. However, do not rub too hard, as this may damage the paint.
- Avoid wiping water that has splashed onto the board surface. It is best to let it dry naturally, as the stain will eventually disappear.
- You must protect your painting with bubble wrap if you need to move it due to a move or for any other reason.
Be careful not to make a mistake
While certain methods of disposal and use can be harmful to the web, they are not so bad. The following guidelines will help you avoid accidentally damaging your canvas.
- Never expose the canvas to sunlight. UV rays can alter the rendering of the design (except for UV-resistant canvases).
- Avoid placing a canvas too close to a heat source such as a fireplace. High temperatures can alter the patterns of the canvas.
- Do NOT rub stains. You might accidentally fade or erase part of the pattern.
- Avoid using cleaning products. They are corrosive and can eventually cause your paint to lose color.
- Avoid placing any object on the canvas. This could damage it or worse, tear it.
- Don't place the canvases in the same place if you have a multi-panel painting. This can cause friction and the ink may mix. If you don't have enough space between the canvases, place a piece of cardboard between them.
These are just a few of the tips for a quality paint job. Although it may be more expensive, your canvas will last longer and look better. Pay attention to the materials used for the canvas and frame.
How do I choose a high quality canvas print?
We offer a wide range of canvas prints. We choose the best materials to manufacture our canvases. The wooden frames (spruce), are ecological and durable. The professional ink that does not contain solvents or odors.
All these qualities come together to create a canvas worthy of the name. This ink and material will double the strength of the canvas. The brilliance of colors won't fade, that's for sure.
Modern digital prints are also brilliant and durable New canvases are easy to maintain. It's easier to clean stains, but it's important to take care of them.
Our painting "Cloudy sky", customizable with names, and its cloudy gray tones, or our painting, "Ocean", customizable with names, with its grayish tones, will give you an idea of the quality of our canvases.
You can embellish your bedrooms and living rooms with decorative paintings that reflect the modern style.
Why choose your paintings?
They are durable, washable and easy to maintain, as we have seen. The manufacturing process as well as the raw material used guarantee you the best. To take care of it, you do not need to buy a special product. We invite you to discover all our fabrics.
Frequently Asked Questions
I would like to hang my canvas print on the kitchen wall, but I don't know where.
It's best to place it in a visible corner of your room. It is a decorative object. Be sure to follow the instructions. It is important to hang your frame away from any heat source, including the oven. As mentioned, high temperatures can affect the aesthetic quality and appearance of your board. Keep your painting away from the refrigerator, as it can also generate heat.
Is it possible to enhance the colors of a painting by exposing it to direct sunlight?
Absolutely not. Your board should be kept out of direct sunlight. Why ? The reason ? Canvas colors are damaged and faded by UV rays. You can't rely on UV protection alone to protect your canvas.
Is it a good idea to use a hair dryer to dry stains?
No, no and no! Do use not a hair dryer. First, it can be a heat source. It is not a good idea to use cold air. A hair dryer can spread the stain more widely in the fabric. It's totally counterproductive.
There is no magic here. It is best to let the stain dry. You can use a sponge to hold the stain in place if it is very fresh or appears to be runny. Be careful!
What is the best product to properly clean a printed canvas?
To clean your canvas, you don't need to use any product. If you maintain your canvas regularly, a cloth will suffice. To remove superficial stains, dampen the cloth and then rub it gently. To avoid scratches, use a microfiber cloth. Avoid using wipes.
Is it possible to clean a painting with an onion?
While grandmother's remedies can be effective, they shouldn't always be relied upon. The onion will not only damage your canvas, but also make it impossible to clean it. It can also create a bacterial nest inside the paint. The canvas will also give off a strong odor.
What should I do if my web turns yellow?
If your canvas yellows, unfortunately there is no way to restore it to its original glory. Smoke is usually the cause. It can be cigarette smoke or other sources. It is best to avoid exposing your canvas..